MELLOWBITES SPICE SERIES
Hyderabadi biriyani is a style of biriyani from Hyderabad, India and is originated in the Nizams of the Hyderabad .It is one of the top notch classic biriyani cooked in dum style ,and is love by all .Here we have shared the recipe of freshly ground homemade hyderabadi biriyani masala and flavorful Hyderabadi veg biriyani.
HYDERABADI BIRIYANI MASALA
cinnamon 1" -2 sticks
Star Anise -1
Black Cardamom -3
Green cardamom -3
Mace leaves -2
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Fennel Seeds -1/2 tsp
pepper corns -1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds -3/4 tbsp
Shahi jeera -3/4 tsp
- To a blender add all the listed ingredients above and grind it into a fine powder.
- Store it in an air tight container.
HYDERABADI VEG BIRIYANI
Basmati Rice -21/2 cups
chopped veggies -3 cup
(We have used baby corns, mushrooms, potato ,peas, carrot, cauliflower, green beans)
cilantro -1/3 cup
mint leaves -1/3 cup
ginger garlic paste -21/2 tbsp
yogurt -1 cup
Hyderabadi biriyani masala-21/2 tbsp
Fried onions -1/3 cup
oil -2 tbsp
slit green chili -2
Salt -to taste
Chili powder -1 tbsp
lemon juice -11/2 tbsp(juice from half lemon)
Basmati rice -21/2 cups
saffron strands - few
Warm milk -2 tbsp
Black cardamom -2
Bay leaves -2
Star anise -1
Shahi jeera -1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds -1/4 tsp
salt - to taste
chopped mint -1-2 tbsp
chopped cilantro -1-2 tbsp
fried onions -1-2 tbsp
Paneer -100 g
- Marinade 3 cups of veggies with cilantro, mint leaves, ginger garlic paste , yogurt, hyderabadi biriyani masala, fried onions, oil, slit green chili, salt, chili powder , lemon juice for at least an hour or overnight in a refrigerator.
- Wash and soak and basmati rice for at least 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl soak saffron strands in warm milk .
- Add 7 cups of water in a pot and add cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom, bay leaves, mace, star anise, shahi jeera, fennel seeds.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil and drained rice and adequate salt.
- Cook it until its 80% done.
- To a heavy bottomed pot add oil.
- Once heated add the marinated veggies and spread it evenly.
- Cook it covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Top it with 80% of cooked rice draining the water with a spatula.
- Sprinkle over chopped mint, chopped cilantro fried onions and soaked saffron strands over the top of rice.
- Cover it with a lid and cook on medium for 10 minutes and simmer it and cook for another 10 -12 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix paneer in the marinade bowl and coat with left over marinade.
- Fry it separately.
- After 12 minutes of simmering switch of the biriyani and top it with fried Paneer.
- Mix well and Serve yummy Hyderabadi veg biriyani !!
FOR VIDEO LINK