SWEET HEART CRISPSSweetheart crisps is a twist of Indian dessert Jaelabi made with Maida & Sugar
All Purpose flour /maida - 1 cup
Corn starch -2 tbsp
Yogurt -3/4 cup
baking soda -pinch
food coloring -pinch
For sugar syrup:
Sugar -1/2 cup
water -1/2 cup
lemon juice -few drops
- In a bowl mix dry ingredients all purpose flour, corn starch , baking soda and any food color (of your choice).
- Then add yogurt to it and whisk it without any lumps.Add 1-2 tbsp of water to make it into a thick and smooth consistency.
- Cover & rest overnight or 12 hours to ferment.
- Take paper piping bag (or a ziplock bag will do)fill the batter into it.Make a small hole to it.
- In a pan add sugar and water to make sugar syrup until you reach single string consistency.Squeeze few drops of lemon juice to avoid crystallization.
- Heat oil for deep frying.Temperature of oil should be around 220 F.
- Dip the spatula that you will use to frying into the hot oil.Once the spatula gets heated take it little out and draw hearts like in picture.Then immediately dip spatula into oil. After few seconds you can push it into the oil using a fork and cook until golden.
- Remove it from oil and drop into sugar syrup.Let stand for a minute.
- Sweet heart crisps are ready to serve.
Post a Comment