Spinach pulav is a healthy and easy lunch box option made with Rice , Spinach and spices.
basmathi rice -1 1/4 cup
spinach -5 oz
green chilies -2
bay leaf -2
butter -2 tbsp
whole cashews -10
salt -to taste
onion -1 small
green chilies -2-3
heavy cream -2 tbsp
ginger -1 tbsp chopped
garlic -1 tbsp chopped
coriander powder -11/2 tsp
cumin powder -1/2 tsp
- Soak Basmathi Rice in water for 10 -15 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly and cook Basmathi rice with adequate salt and 21/4 cups of water in a pot.
- In a blender grind all the ingredients for masala into a smooth paste except heavy cream.After blending mix the heavy cream to it.
- In a heavy bottomed pan heat butter and temper with cinnamon,cloves, bay leaf and green chilies.
- Add the whole cashews and saute it until golden
- Add the ground paste to it and saute it until oil oozes out.
- Add in the cooked rice and mix thoroughly.
- Spinach pulav is ready to serve.(You can garnish with shredded cheese over top for richness too)