If you are looking for a healthy vegetarian delight in burger there comes in your mind ...yes it is chickpea burger blend with right amount of flavor and nutrients.
Wheat burger buns -4
Chickpea -1/2 cup uncooked
chopped onion -3 tbsp
cilantro -3tsp fiely chopped
bread crumbs -1/4 cup or as needed
Romesco Sauce -4 tbsp
onion rounds - 4
Tomato slices -4
oil -to shallow fry
lemon juice -little
garlic clove -2 finely chopped
cumin powder -1/2 tsp
chana masala powder -11/2 tsp
chili powder -1 tsp
salt -to taste
Preparation time :10 min + 6 hrs soak time
Cooking time :20 min
- Soak chickpea in water for 6 hours and drain it thoroughly.
- In a pot boil water .Add chickpeas to it and blanch for 5 minutes .drain well.
- In a blender grind the ingredients given to blend along with blanched chickpeas coarsely.
- Remove and transfer it to a plate.add 2 tbsp of chopped onion , 2 tsp of chopped cilantro and bread crumbs to it and mix well.
- Make it into 4 equal sized patties.
- Heat oil for shallow frying.Fry until golden on both sides.
- In a tawa lightly toast the wheat burger buns.
- Now spread romesco sauce on the bun.
- Place a sliced onion round over it.
- keep the chickpea patties over it.
- Place sliced tomato.
- Mix a tbsp of chopped onions and cilantro with little lime juice in a bowl.Top the burger with little mixture over it
- Chickpea burger is ready to serve.
Makes : 4 burgers
Nice healthy snack for all ages:)ReplyDelete