Country chicken tomato masala/Naatu kozhi thakkali masala
Country chicken/Nattu kozhi has a unique taste compared to regular chicken .This masala has a mild tanginess from the tomatoes and richness from cashews.Here follows the recipe...
Ingredients:Country chicken /nattu kozhi -750 g
shallot -1 cup finely chopped
ginger garlic paste -11/2 tbsp
curry leaves -few
turmeric -1/2 tsp
tomato -5-6 finely chopped
coriander powder -1 tbsp
cumin powder -2 tsp
chili powder -2 tsp
salt -to taste
oil -3 tbsp
To grind:Shallots -9
preparation time:12 min
Cooking time :40 min
- In a pressure cooker heat oil and saute ginger garlic paste until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the finely chopped shallots and curry leaves and saute until transparent.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes to it and saute until it turns mushy.
- The put in coriander powder ,cumin powder,chili powder and turmeric .
- Mix well and add the country chicken/nattu kozhi pieces to it along with salt,
- After 3-5 minutes add some water and cover the cooker .Pressure cook for at least 7-8 whistles.
- Simultaneously grind the shallots and cashews into a smooth paste(listed to grind).
- When the pressure goes off open the lid and add the ground paste .Cook another 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro.Serve with Rice/Chapathi/Dosa
Post a Comment