Mushroom coconutmilk curry/Kaalan thengaipaal kuzhambu
A simple South Indian style curry that can be served as a combo with Rice/Pulao/Dosa/Paratha/Chapathi/Poori
Ingredients:Mushroom/Kaalan -250 g
thick coconut milk -2 tbsp
onion -1 finely chopped
tomato -1/2 sliced
ginger garlic paste -2 tsp
coriander powder -11/2 tsp
cumin powder -3/4 tsp
chili powder -3/4 tsp
pepper powder -1/2 tsp
salt -to taste
oil -1 tbsp
To Temper:fennel seeds -1/2 tsp
curry leaves -few
Preparation time:10 min
Cooking time :15 min
- In a pan heat oil and temper with fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Saute ginger garlic paste and turmeric until the raw flavor goes off.
- Add the finely chopped onion and fry until golden.
- Then fry the sliced tomatoes until mushy.
- Add the cut mushrooms to it along with coriander powder,cumin powder, chili powder, pepper powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook for 3 minutes .Then add adequate water .
- Cook until mushrooms are soft and almost done.Now add two tablespoon of thick coconut milk to it
- Cook for another two minutes.Mushroom coconut milk curry/kaalan thengaipal kuzhambu is ready to serve.
Post a Comment