Pumpkin Erissery is one of the traditional curry dish from the cuisine of Kerala. Pumpkin is cooked with spices & ground fresh coconut masala and then tempered with seasonings.
Ingredients:yellow pumpkin -21/2cups
thatta payaru/red chori beans-1/2 cup
salt -to taste
chili powder -1/2 tsp
water -11/2 cup
To grind:coconut -1 cup
green chilli -2
cumin seeds -2 tsp
To temper:Oil -1 tbsp
mustard seeds -3/4 tspshallots -2
curry leaves -few
Preparation time:15 min
Cooking time :25 min
- In a pressure cooker cook thatta payaru/Red chori beans with 11/2 cups of water for 3 whistles.
- In a blender grind ingredients listed To grind into a paste adding little water.
- In a pan cook cubed pumpkin in 21/2 cups of water,adequate salt,chili powder and turmeric.
- When almost 90% done ,add the ground paste and cooked red chori beans/thatta payaru.
- Simultaneously in a pan heat oil and temper with mustard seeds,curry leaves and shallots.
- Pour in the tempering and cook until pumpkin is well done
- Serve with Rice
Post a Comment