Meen puttu/fish puttu
Meen puttu/Fish puttu is a steamed and shredded fish(without bones) that is tempered with seasonings.It goes very well as a side with Rice& Rasam.
Ingredients:fish fillets -2
mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
urad dhal/split black gram-1/2 tsp
cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
curry leaves -few
green chilies -3 chopped
coconut shredded -2 tbsp
salt -to taste
oil -2 tsp
Preparation time:5 min
Cooking time :15 min
- Boil water in a idli pot.Grease oil in a idli plate and steam the fish fillets for 10 minutes.
- Remove the fillets and shred it into pieces.
- In a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.Temper with urad dhal and cumin seeds.
- Saute green chilies and curry leaves.
- Fry chopped shallots until translucent.
- Add the shredded fish and shredded coconut.
- Fry for another 3-4 minutes .
- Fish puttu/Meen puttu is ready to serve.
Post a Comment