vegetable masiyalVegetable masiyal means mashed vegetables and is a healthy side for Rice/Chapathi.It can also be sandwiched inside breads.
Potato -1 cup dicedCarrot -1 cup diced
boiled peas -1 cup
green beans -1/2 cup finely chopped
cauliflower -1 cup finely chopped
onions -1/2 cup finely chopped
tomato -1/2 cup finely chopped
chopped ginger -1 tsp
chopped garlic -1 tsp
salt -to taste
chili powder -1/2 tsp
turmeric -1/2 tsp
sambar powder -2 tsp
oil -2 tsp
cilantro -to garnish
Preparation time:15 -20 min
Cooking time :20 min
- In a pan heat oil and fry chopped ginger and garlic until the raw flavor goes off.
- Then fry the onions until translucent.
- Follow it with finely chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy.
- Now add all the chopped vegetables and fry for a minute.
- Add salt,chili powder,sambar powder and turmeric.Mix well and fry for few minutes.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of water and cover and cook until vegetables are well done.
- Open and slightly mash the vegetables using a spatula .
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Vegetable masiyal is ready to serve.
Post a Comment