Fish stuffed Aubergine
Aubergine and fish are one of the best combo which complements each other to its flavor.Here Aubergine is baked in oven and a wonderful stuffing is prepared using fish and roasted peanut sesame seeds powder along with scooped out pulp of baked Aubergine.Again the Aubergine is baked with the prepared fish stuffing topped with cheese.The taste is so heavenly that it would become a hit on your table.
Aubergine -1tilapia fillets -1
onion -2 tbsp
tomato -2 tbsp
peanuts -2 tsp
sesame seeds -2 tsp
garlic clove -1 finely chopped
cumin powder -1/2 tsp
chili powder -3/4 tsp
cheese -as needed of your choice
salt -to taste
pepper -to taste
olive oil -3 tsp
Preparation time:10 minute
Cooking time :45 minute
- Cut Aubergine into two halves lengthwise.Sprinkle olive oil,salt and pepper over it.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and bake the Aubergine until soft and tender. It takes approximately 25-30 minutes.Remove the baked Aubergine from the oven and scoop out the pulp (without taking off the skin) maintaining the shape of the aubergine.
- Dry roast peanuts in a pan until well roasted.Remove off the heat
- Dry roast sesame seeds in a pan until it starts spluttering.Remove off the heat.
- Grind dry roasted peanuts and sesame seeds into a coarse powder.
- Now heat oil and fry chopped garlic cloves until light golden.
- Follow it with onions and saute until transparent.
- Cut the fish fillet into small chunks and add it into the pan.
- Sprinkle adequate salt,chili powder,cumin powder.
- After 2-3 minutes add the finely chopped tomatoes.
- Cook another 2 minutes and add the aubergine pulp to it.
- Mix well and finally add the powdered peanut and sesame seeds.
- Cook for another few minutes until everything blends well.
- Stuff the prepared stuffing into the aubergine and liberally sprinkle cheese as needed of your choice.(Parmesan cheese is used here)
- Bake the Fish stuffed Aubergine at 350 F until the cheese turns golden.It takes approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve hot as a main course with any soup of your choice.
We stumbled upon ‘Fish stuffed Aubergine’ ! It lured our palette way too far that we landed in “foodandbeyondfans”. We would love to feature your culinary skills on our global platform.
This is an exclusive space for your penmanship, where you can publish your unique culinary outputs in the form of brief food blogs; that too you’re the one, who’s going to own this space! We would like to pass it on to others by featuring it on our global platform!
Sulekha.US would be glad to present your food blog to the Indian communities living abroad. We would love to connect them through one of the most vital channels i.e. food.
It’s all yours and you’re going to own an exclusive food blog with Sulekha to share your recipes along with their back links. We would promote it across our wall and social media.
Featuring your recipes on our home page would be a perk for our eager Indians, who are waiting for Desi recipes and baked goodies ranging from ‘grand’ to ‘on the go’.
Sharing your passion for food might rejuvenate the taste buds and senses of millions of Indians living abroad. We’re awaiting your valuable reply.
Thanks & regards
Hamida, Content Manager, Sulekha US
This sounds really delicious and something new to try. love fish and chips, Thank you for sharing this.ReplyDelete