Drumstick curry(gujarati style)
This Drumstick curry is made in gujarathi style, typically known as saragva sing nu shaak in gujarat. Drumstick and potatoes are boiled and cooked in a yogurt sauce and is tempered with seasonings.It goes very well with Rice/Chapathi .
Potato -1 medium
yogurt -3/4 cup
besan/gram flour -2 tbsp
coriander powder -2 1/2tsp
chili powder -1 tsp
turmeric -1/2 tsp
Oil -2 tsp
mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
chopped ginger -1 tsp
curry leaves -few
green chili -1 slit
Preparation time:5 min
Cooking time :20 min
- Cut drumstick into 3' pieces .Peel and cut potato into same size.
- Cook cut drumstick and potato in water with adequate salt in a cup of water.
- In a bowl mix yogurt with besan,chili powder,coriander powder and turmeric.
- When drumstick and potatoes are cooked soft add the yogurt paste (&salt if necessary) and cook until gravy thickens.
- Simultaneously in a small pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.Temper with ingredients given under "To temper"
- Pour the tempering into the thickening gravy and mix well.
- Drumstick curry is ready to serve over Rice/Chapathi