Drumstick curry(gujarati style)
This Drumstick curry is made in gujarathi style, typically known as saragva sing nu shaak in gujarat. Drumstick and potatoes are boiled and cooked in a yogurt sauce and is tempered with seasonings.It goes very well with Rice/Chapathi .
Potato -1 medium
yogurt -3/4 cup
besan/gram flour -2 tbsp
coriander powder -2 1/2tsp
chili powder -1 tsp
turmeric -1/2 tsp
Oil -2 tsp
mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
chopped ginger -1 tsp
curry leaves -few
green chili -1 slit
Preparation time:5 min
Cooking time :20 min
- Cut drumstick into 3' pieces .Peel and cut potato into same size.
- Cook cut drumstick and potato in water with adequate salt in a cup of water.
- In a bowl mix yogurt with besan,chili powder,coriander powder and turmeric.
- When drumstick and potatoes are cooked soft add the yogurt paste (&salt if necessary) and cook until gravy thickens.
- Simultaneously in a small pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.Temper with ingredients given under "To temper"
- Pour the tempering into the thickening gravy and mix well.
- Drumstick curry is ready to serve over Rice/Chapathi
Hai,Thanks for posting yummy recipie.If you add yogurt paste while the curry is boiling,it won't spoil the curry.I usually add the yogurt at last for all my recipies.ReplyDelete
Nice and delicious food.ReplyDelete
Chennai Street Food