Brinjal Tomato Chutney
Brinjal tomato chutney is a simple dish that can go well with Dosa/Idli or as a side with Rice.It can also be used as a spread for sandwiches too.
Ingredients:Italian Eggplant -1
cumin seeds -1 tsp
green chili -2
garlic cloves -2
salt -to taste
oil -2 tsp
mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
urad dhal /split black gram-1/2 tsp
- In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds,green chilies, garlic cloves.
- Now add the diced eggplant and salt.
- Saute for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add finely chopped tomato and cook until it becomes mushy and loses its raw flavor.
- Let it cool off and blend it into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and allow mustard seeds to splutter.Temper with ingredients given to temper.
- Pour over the blended puree.
- Brinjal tomato chutney is ready to serve
Post a Comment