Bean Mushroom Burger
Bean mushroom burger is a healthy vegetarian burger packed with complete nutrition and flavor from Red kidney beans,mushroom,oats and spices.
Wheat burger -8
Dried Redkidney beans /Rajma-1 cup
mushroom -100g finely chopped
garlic -2 tsp finely chopped
old fashioned oats -1/4 cup
oregano dried -1/2 tsp
chili powder -1 tsp
cumin powder -1/2 tsp
salt -to taste
bread crumbs -4 -6 tbsp
cilantro -finely chopped
oil -as needed to shallow fry
cucumber slices -as needed
lettuce -as needed
Mustard sauce -11/2 tbsp
Mayonnaise -11/2 tbsp(optional avoid if you prefer complete vegetarian)
For bean mushroom patties:
- In a pressure cooker cook 1 cup of red kidney beans/Rajma with adequate water for 3 whistles.
- Remove the whistle once the pressure goes off.Drain any excess water and blend in in a mixer for few seconds into coarse paste.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp of oil and fry chopped garlic until raw flavor goes off.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to it and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then put in chili powder,cumin powder,salt,oregano.
- Pour 3/4 cup of water to it.
- After few seconds add the old fashioned oats to it.
- After a minute add the coarsely ground red kidney beans.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.Add the bread crumbs.Sprinkle finely chopped cilantro.
- Let it warm down and make it into circular patties.
- Heat oil for shallow frying.Shallow fry the patties until golden on both sides.
Arranging the burger:
- Toast the wheat burgers on a tawa.
- Spread mustard sauce on the base .
- Top it up with sliced cucumbers.
- Place the cooked patties.
- Spread little mayonnaise over the patties.
- Top it up with lettuce.
- And place the burger bread over the top.
- Bean mushroom burger is ready to Serve.
Post a Comment