Drumstick/murungakkai sambarDrumstick sambar is a South Indian vegtarian curry dish made with drumstick and cooked lentils.
Ingredients:Drumstick/murungakkai -2 cut into 1"
toor dal/split pigeon peas -1/2 cup
tamarind pulp -1 amla sized ball
sambar powder -11/2 tbsp
chili powder -1 tsp
oil -1 tbsp
To temper:Mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
urad dhal/spilt black gram-1/4 tsp
fenugreek seeds -1/4 tsp
black peppercorns -1/4 tsp
curry leaves -few
hing /asafoetida -pinch
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time : 40 min
- Pressure cook toor dhal/split pigeon peas with adequate water for 2-3 whistles.
- In a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.Temper with remaining ingredients given to temper.
- Fry shallots until transparent.
- Add the cut drumsticks and fry for 2 minutes.
- Take tamarind pulp out of 1 amla sized ball.
- Add sambar powder,turmeric, salt and tamarind pulp with adequate water.
- Cook until it boils well and the raw flavor goes off.
- Now add the cooked toor dhal and cook until it blends well and drumstick is well done.
- Garnish with cilantro and drizzle little ghee.
- Serve over Rice/Idli/Dosa
Post a Comment