Bottle gourd/suraikkai kootu
Bottle gourd /surakkai kootu is a south indian cuisine side dish made with a low calorie vegetable bottle gourd and protein rich lentils.This is a low calorie healthy diet.
Ingredients:bottle gourd/suraikkai -1
Chana dal/Bengal gram -1/2 cup
shallots -4 -5 finely chopped
Mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
Urad dhal/split black gram-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Whole red chili -3-4
Curry leaves - few
Salt - to taste
Shredded coconut -1 tbsp
Oil -2 tsp
Preparation time:10 min
Cooking time :40 min
- In a pressure cooker cook chana dhal / Bengal gram in a cup of water for a whistle.
- By that time peel and dice the bottle gourd into cubes.
- Once the pressure goes off add the cubed bottle gourd and pressure cook again for a whistle.
- In a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.Then temper with urad dhal,cumin seeds,whole red chili,curry leaves ,hing and turmeric.
- Fry the shallots until transparent.
- Once the pressure goes off open the cooker and pour the tempering into it.
- Cook for 3 minutes and add the shredded coconut to it.
- Serve as a side with Rice/Chapathi
Perfect sidedish for chapathi.ReplyDelete
Wonderful Recipe. Pretty much ideal .. Thanks for sharing...ReplyDelete
Indian Restaurants in South Campus
You are sharing nice foods.ReplyDelete
Chennai Street Food
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about bottle gourds. Please keep sharing.ReplyDelete
Health Is A Life
Food is the factor that binds people together. Being rooted in India and your family makes it difficult not to get homesick. The only thing that brings the comfort of home is homemade Food. Punjabi Grill aims to provide a cosy feeling of India by providing the best Indian Food in Kuta and Bali. The cuisines available at Punjabi Grill are exceptionally mouth-watering.ReplyDelete
What makes them unique is the number of dishes available. They aim to make Indian Cuisine famous around the world. Their Food will never disappoint your taste buds. So, what are you waiting for? Visit Punjabi Grill in Bali and treat your stomach!