nandu rasam/crab soup(indian style)
Ingredients:Precooked crab -100 g
onion -11/2 tbsp chopped
tomato -1 finely chopped
cilantro - 1/4 cup finely chopped
garlic -1/2 tbsp finely chopped
red chili -3
Tamarind paste -1 tsp
salt -to taste
Sesame oil -2 tsp
coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
To roast & grind:
pepper corns -1/2 tbsp
cumin seeds -1 tsp
curry leaves dried -1 tsp powdered
oil -1 tsp
- In a pan heat oil and fry the coriander seeds, pepper corns, cumin seeds until well roasted. Cool down and grind it into a fine powder.
- In a kadai heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.add dried red chillies.
- Put the dried curry leaves powder and minced garlic.
- Fry the chopped onions until translucent.
- Add the roasted powder to it.
- Follow it with chopped tomatoes and cilantro
- .And then add the tamarind paste.
- Add the precooked crab and turmeric.
- Mix well and pour adequate water.
- When the soup/rasam comes to rolling boil .Switch off the stove and add required salt.
- Serve hot as soup or over rice.
Post a Comment