Virudhunagar meen kulambu
IngredientsVanjarai Meen/mackarelfish -700 g
Shallots -150 g
Cumin seeds -11/2 tbsp
Whole red chili -10-12
Tamarind pulp -1 big lemon size
Salt - to taste
Turmeric -1/4 tsp
Sesame oil - 3-4tbsp
- In a cup of warm water soak tamarind pulp for 10 minutes.then squeeze and take the juice out of it.
- In a blender first make chili powder and cumin seeds into a powder.then add the shallots to it pulse it only for few seconds
- Mix the tamarind juice and the ground masala together with another 21/2 cups of water.
- Cook until it starts boiling and the raw flavor goes completely.
- Add liberally sesame oil and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cleaned fish and cook until the fish is well done .
- Serve over rice
Post a Comment