country chicken/nattu kozhi salna(virudhanagar style)
Country chicken -750 g
garlic cloves -4
ginger -1 inch
curry leaves -few
poppy seeds -1 1/2 tsp
coriander seeds -1 tbsp
cumin seeds -1 tsp
red chili -7
cinnamon -1/2 inch
shredded coconut -4 tbsp
whole cashews -5
- In a pan heat oil and add cinnamon ,cloves and fennel seeds
- Fry ginger pieces, garlic cloves, curry leaves and red chilies.
- After a minute add coriander seeds, cumin seeds , poppy seeds.
- Follow it with chopped shallots
- Put tomatoes add adequate salt
- When the tomatoes becomes mushy allow it to cool off and blend it into a smooth paste. keep it aside. This is the first paste.
- Also blend the ingredients given for grinding into a fine paste separately adding required water. This is the second paste.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil and add the first paste and cook for few minutes.
- Add the cut country chicken/ nattu kozhi pieces.Put salt, turmeric and chili powder.
Post a Comment