Methi mutton curry
mutton - 200 g
methi/vendhaya keerai/fenugreek leaves -11/2 cup
coriander powder -11/2 tsp
green chili -3
onion finely chopped -1/2 cup
tomato finely chopped -1/2 cup
chili powder -1/2 tsp
salt -to taste
ginger garlic paste -2 tsp
oil -1 tbsp
coconut milk -2 tsp
- In a pressure cooker cook mutton with 11/2 tsp of ginger garlic paste,chili powder, salt turmeric and little water for up to 4 whistles or until mutton is tender.
- in a pan heat oil and fry onion and green chillies.
- once onion turns golden add 1/2 tsp of ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw flavor goes off.
- now add the finely chopped tomatoes.
- After a minute add required salt, coriander powder.
- Cook until mushy.Add the washed fenugreek leaves.
- Cover and cook .open the lid between and stir it occasionally.
- When the fenugreek is cooked well add the pressure cooked mutton into it.
- cook covered for another 5 minutes.you can add 2tsp of coconut milk to add more flavor.but it is optional.
- Serve with Rice/chapathi
Post a Comment