Ashgourd / Poosanikkai kootu
ashgourd/poosanikkai - 3 cups cubed
chana dhal/bengal gram - 1/3 cup
onion -1/2 finely chopped
mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
urad dhal/split black gram- 1/2 tsp
cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
red chilies - 6
sambar powder -1/2 tsp
curry leaves -few
salt - to taste
oil -2 tsp
- In a pressure cooker cook chana dhal/bengal gram in little water for a whistle.
- Once the pressure goes off open the lid and add the cubed ash gourd and cook for 1 more whistle.
- In a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.Temper with urad dhal , cumin seeds, red chilies ,curry leaves, hing and turmeric.
- Add onion and fry until transparent.
- Put the pressure cooked chana dhal & ashgourd into it ,
- Add little sambar powder and stir well.Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Ashgourd /poosanikai kootu is ready to serve.
Post a Comment