Kothu muttai idli/minced egg idli
ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
fennel seeds -1/ 8 tsp
onion -3/4 cup finely chopped
tomato -1 cup finely chopped
bell pepper -1/4 cup
curry leaves -few chopped
green chili -2
kashmiri chili powder -11/2 tsp
idli podi -2 tsp
cilantro -to garnish
salt -to taste
oil -1/2 tbsp
- Refrigerate idli for at least 2 hours and mash it into tiny pieces.
- In a pan heat oil and temper with fennel seeds.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw flavor goes off.
- Fry onions,bell pepper and curry leaves until oil turns transparent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy.
- Put desired salt, kashmiri chili powder,turmeric and a tsp of idli podi.
- cook for a minute , add the minced idli and mix it well .
- Add the eggs and stir thoroughly.
- Cook stiring for 4-5 minutes.Sprinkle another tsp of idli podi.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve
The preparation method of this recipe is really great.ReplyDelete
Chennai Street Food