Turkey stuffed Bitter gourd
Bitter gourd - 3
ground turkey - 300 g
ginger garlic paste - 11/2 tsp
onion -1/2 finely chopped
tomato - 1 tbsp finely chopped
cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
coriander powder - 1 tsp
cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
chilli powder - 1 tsp
amchurpowder - 1/8 tsp
turmeric - little
salt - to taste
oil - 11/2 tsp+to shallow fry
cilantro - to garnish
- Scrape the top of the bitter gourd thoroughly
- Slit the center of the bitter gourd and carefully remove the seeds and flesh inside it.
- In a pot add water and put the bitter gourd along with salt and turmeric .
- Cook until the bitter gourd is cooked soft.Now drain the water.
- In a pan heat 11/2 tsp of oil and allow cumin seeds to splutter
- Add onions and fry until golden
- Add the ginger garlic paste and turmeric and fry until the raw flavor goes off.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir well.
- Put coriander powder,cumin powder,chilli powder,salt,amchur powder to it.
- Add the turkey and stir well.
- Sprinkle little chopped cilantro over it.
- Cook until the turkey is well cooked .
- Once it cools down stuff it into the slitted and cooked bitter gourd.
- Tie it around with a thread so that the stuffing doesnt come out while frying.
- Heat oil for shallow frying
- Fry bitter gourd turning it carefully to each side until it turned golden on all sides.
- Serve as an appetizer
- You can also ground chicken instead of ground turkey .
Post a Comment