Paneer &Peas Pulav
peas -1/4 cup
paneer -400 g
onion -1/2 cup finely sliced
tomato -1/4 cup pureed
ginger garlic paste -11/2 tsp
whole garam -to temper
mint leaves -handful finely chopped
cilantro -handful finely chopped
green chillies -3-4 slitted
coconut milk -1/2 cup
salt -to taste
- Soak basmathi Rice for atleast 15 minutes.
- In a kadai heat butter and fry paneer cubes until golden yellow on all sides.
- Remove and keep it aside.
- In the same kadai temper with whole garam and green chillies.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw flavor goes off.
- Fry the sliced onions until transparent.
- Add in the pureed tomato ,chopped mint and chopped cilantro.
- Drain the soaked rice .Once the raw smell of cilantro,mint and tomato goes off add the rice and peas
- Fry for a minute and add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and 3 cups of water.
- Add desired salt and cover with the lid and cook until the Rice is 3/4 done
- Open the lid and cover it with fried paneer.
- Cook until the Rice is well done.
- Serve with Raitha/veg curries/non veg curries
Post a Comment