Red Kidney beans curry
Ingredients:Red kidney beans - 1cup
onion -1/2 cup roughly chopped
mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
urad dal - 1/2 tsp
curry leaves - few
Cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
green chillies - 3
cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
roastedchanadal powder - 1 tbsp
salt - to taste
turmeric - a pinch
oil - 1tsp
- In a pressure cooker cook red kidney beans/rajma for upto 1 whistle
- In a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter
- Follow it with green chillies,uraddal,curry leaves, cumin seeds and turmeric.
- Now add roughly chopped onions and fry until transparent.
- Sprinkle salt,cumin powder and mix well.
- Now add the cooked red kidney beans/rajma and cook for another 3 -5 minutes.
- Add a tbsp of roasted chanadal powder(pottukadalai podi) to it and switch off after a minute.
- Serve as a side with steamed Rice.
Post a Comment