Onion bajji (onion fritters)is nothing but deep fried sliced onions dipped in a batter with chickpea flour&spices .It is a great tasting teatime snack .
Ingredients:onion -2 sliced
besan flour(chickpea flour) -1 cup
chilli powder -3/4 tsp
salt -to taste
curry leaves -few
baking soda -pinch
oil -to deep fry
Preparation time:15 min
Cooking time :20 min
- Cut onion into thin slices. chop curry leaves finely.
- Add besan flour ,salt, chilli powder, and baking soda to a bowl along with onions and curry leaves and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle water little as needed to make a sticky coating over the onions.
- Heat oil for frying.
- When oil is hot put the mixture in small batches and fry it until golden.
- Serve hot with tea/coffee.
Post a Comment