Bottlegourd Garlic curry/Suraikai Poondu kari
Ingredients:Bottle gourd -1
garlic cloves -12-15
mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
urad dhal -1/2 tsp
chana dhal -1/2 tsp
curry leaves -few
salt -to taste
oil -2 tsp
For grinding:shredded coconut -1/4 cup
green chillies -3
cumin seeds -3/4 tsp
- Wash, peel ,deseed and cut the bottle gourd/ suraikai into cubes.
- Grind the ingredients given for grinding into a paste adding little water.
- In a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.
- Temper with urad dhal, chana dhal, curry leaves ,turmeric.
- Add the bottle gourd/suraikai cubes ,garlic cloves and salt.
- After 3 minutes add desired water and cover it with a lid.
- when the bottle gourd/suraikai is 75% done add the ground paste.
- cook until it is well done and dry out.
- Serve as a side with rice.
Post a Comment