Chow chow chana gravy
Ingredients:Chow chow/chayote squash -2
chana dhal-1/4 cup
onion-1 finely chopped
tomato-1 finely chopped
shredded ginger-1 tsp
coriander powder-11/2 tsp
chilli pwder-11/2 tsp
mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
urad dhal-1/2 tsp
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Wash, peel and cut chow chow/chayote squash into cubes discarding the seeds.
- Wash chana dhal and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.
- Temper with urad dhal, cumin seeds ,hing, turmeric and shredded ginger.
- Now add the onion and fry until its translucent.
- Add on salt, chili powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Put in cubed chow chow/chayote and washed chana dhal.
- Stir well and after 3 minutes add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add up to 11/2 cups of water and cover it with a lid and pressure cook up to 3 whistles
- After the pressure goes off garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with chapathi/Rice
Post a Comment