Prawn Biriyani/shrimp Biriyani
Ingredients:Basmathi rice -11/2 cup
jumbo prawns -15-20
onion -1 finely sliced
tomato -1 medium finely chopped
mint leaves -1/2 cup finely chopped
green chillies -7 finely chopped
cilantro -1/2 cup finely chopped
whole garam -to temper
ginger garlic paste -1 tbsp.
coriander powder -11/2 tsp
cumin powder -1/2 tsp
Garam masala -1/2 tsp
yogurt -1/4 cup
For marinating:ginger garlic paste -11/2 tsp
salt -to taste
chilli powder - 1 tsp
turmeric -1/4 tsp
- In a bowl marinade prawns with the ingredients given for marinade for atleast 30 minutes.
- Soak Basmathi rice for 15 minutes in water.
- In a pot add ghee and temper with whole garam.
- Drain the rice and put them into the pot and fry for a minute.
- Add 21/2 cups of water and salt for Rice and cook it covered until the Rice is done
- In a big kadai add desired oil and shallow fry prawns in it until prawns are 75% done and remove it and keep it aside.
- In the same oil add Sliced onions and chopped green chillies.
- Follow with ginger garlic paste and fry them until the raw flavor goes off.
- Now add the tomatoes,finely chopped cilantro and mint leaves.
- After a minute put on all spice powders and salt and stir well.
- When it becomes mushy add the yogurt and cook for few minutes .Remove half of it and top it over the shrimps.
- Now layer half of the rice on the kadai
- Pour the shrimp on it as another layer with few chopped cilantro and mint leaves over it.
- Now top it up with a layer of remaining rice and cilantro
- Cover it with a lid and cook on medium for another 10 minutes.
- Aromatic Prawn biriyani/Shrimp Biriyani is ready to serve
Post a Comment