Navadhania pepper curry/Navadhania milagu kuzhambu
Navadhaniyam - 1/2 cup
tomato - 1 finely chopped
turmeric - 1/8 tsp
salt - to taste
chopped garlic - 2 tbsp.
curry leaves - few
sesame oil - 1 tbsp.
roasted chanadhal flour-1tsp(optional)
Small onions -8-10
red chillies -2
peppercorns -1 tsp
ginger - 1 clove size
garlic - 1 clove
cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
- Soak 1/2 cup of navadhaniyam in water overnight/for atleast 6 hours
- In a pressure cooker cook navadhaniam in 21/2 cups of water for 3 whistles.
- Grind the ingredients given for grinding in a blender into a fine paste.
- In a pan/kadai heat oil add chopped garlic and curry leaves.
- Once the raw smell of garlic goes off add the ground paste and desired salt and turmeric.
- after it gets cooked add the finely chopped tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes gets mushy add the pressure cooked navadhaniyam.
- Cook for another5-8 minutes and add the roasted chana dhal flavor if you need a lightly thickened gravy(adding the roasted chandhal flour is entirely optional it doesn't create any extraordinary change to the curry.it just thickens it)
- Serve hot with rice.
Post a Comment