Mangalore kovakkai curry
Chickpea (konda kadalai)-1/2 to 1 cup (cooked)
Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
curry leaves -few
salt -to taste
For roasting and grinding (add little water and grind)
Red chili -6 to 8
Coriander seeds-1 1/2 tbsp
tamarind -1 inch
coconut -3 tbsp
- In a pan heat little oil and roast coriander seeds and redchillies.
- Blend it with tamarind into a smooth paste adding little water
- Similarly blend ingredients for dry grinding into a coarse paste
- Heat the oil in a pan add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Follow it with cumin seeds and curry leaves then add onions.
Once onion color gets changed add kovakkai
Fry for 3 minutes .
Add ground spicy paste.
and mix well.
Cook well untill fully done.
Then add cooked chickpea .
Mix well and add the ground coarse powder.
Mix all together and serve with rice or chapati.
Post a Comment