Ingredients:Wheat flour - 2 cups
salt - to taste
warm water - 1cup
oil - 1 tsp to apply over the dough
Ghee/oil - to drizzle on while making chapathis
- Take a wide mouth bowl mix wheat flour and salt well.
- Add warm water to it and knead the flour slowly into a smooth dough(water may reduce or increase in need depending upon the quality of wheat flour.)
- Apply oil all over the dough and cover it with damp cloth.
- Allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Make dough into equal sized balls
- Dust it in a wheat flour.
- Start pressing into circles of equal thickness(neither too thick nor thin)
- Heat tawa and put the chapathi over it.
- Flip it once you started noticing bubbles.
- Cook until the other side turns little brown dots and flip it.
- Rub little oil/ghee on top and gently press with the spatula.
- It starts puffing up like poori.
- Turn to other side and cook for few seconds.
- Chapathi is ready to serve with any veg curry/non veg curry accompaniment.
Post a Comment