Bitter gourd Pitlai/Pagargai pitlai
Bitter gourd -3
Toor dal -3/4 cup(cooked)
Tamarind juice -1/2 cup (waterry)
salt -to taste
sugar/jaggery -1 tsp
for roasting and grinding:
red chili -6
urad dal -1/2tbsp
pepper corn -1/4tsp
coconut -1/4 cup (shredded or powder).
- Cut the bitter gourd into the circles and add little salt and keep it aside.
- Soak tamarind in warm water and take 1/2 cup of juice out of it.
- In a pan heat oil and roast the ingredients given for roasting and grinding until nice aroma comes out
- Allow it to cool and ground it into a paste
- After sometime (squeeze the water) from bitter gourd.
- In a pan add bitter gourd ,tamarind juice,turmeric powder ,salt ,little water and cook it.
- When the Bitter gourd is cooked well add cooked toor dal, ground paste and sugar.
- cook until gravy get thick .
- Take a pan heat a tsp of coconut oil and add curry leaves and coconut powder
- fry for a minute and garnish it into the gravy.
- Serve with rice.
Post a Comment