Yeshimbra Asa(chickpea flour curry Ethiopian cuisine)
Ingredients:gram flour/chickpea flour-11/2 cup
onion - 2 large finely chopped
berbere spice mix -11/2 tbsp.
oil -3 tbsp. approx
salt - to taste
- In a pan heat generous amount of oil .
- Add finely chopped onions to it .
- Simultaneously knead gram flour ,desired salt with water and make a soft dough.
- Make it into small round patties like a size of coin
- Gently press each circle with a fork to make patterns.
- Now dry roast on a tawa until it becomes crispy like a biscuit.
- After the onions turns soft and transparent add the berbere spice mix to it and stir for a while.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt to it and cook until the gravy thickens(approximately 10-15 minutes)
- Now put the cooked biscuits to it and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Yeshimbra asa is ready to serve.
Post a Comment