Ingredients:Extra firm Tofu - 350g
Cracked wheat rava-1 cup
yogurt -21/2 tbsp
salt -to taste
water - 1cup
mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
urad dal -1/4 tsp
chana dal -1/4 tsp
baking soda -pinch
green chillies -1
- In a pan dry roast cracked wheat rava until nice aroma comes out.
- Drain water out of tofu and crumble it with hands
- Now blend the rosated rava,tofu with desired salt and a cup of water(u may add more for desired idli batter consistency)
- Add yogurt and a pinch of baking soda to it and mix well.
- Now in a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.
- Follow it with urad dhal,chana dal,hing,green chillies and chopped cilantro.
- Pour the tempering into the batter and mix well.
- Add water to the idli pan and heat it .
- Simultaneously grease the idli plates with oil/non stick spray.
- Pour the batter into the idli moulds.
- When the water gets hot and steams place the idli plates into it and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- To know if the idli is done put the knife/tooth pick into it and if it comes out clean then idli is done.
- Remove idli from moulds using a spatula and serve with any chutney or gravy of your choice.
Post a Comment