Paal paniyaram is an yummy dessert from chettinad cuisine that is made with a deep fried batter (prepared with split black gram & raw rice ) dipped in a sugary coconut milk.
Uradal/split black gram -1/2 cup
raw rice -1/2 cup
coconut milk - 2 cup
sugar - 1/4 cup( to taste)
cardamom powder -2pinch
salt - little
preparation time:51/2 hours
Cooking time :10-15 min
Waiting time :45 min
- Wash and soak rice and urad dhal for 4 to 5 hours.
- Add salt and grind it to a fine paste like a medhu vada batter. ( MUST:-just sprinkle the water little by little.Do not add too much water ).
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Take small portions of the dough in your hand and drop it into oil. To avoid stickiness, apply oil in your fingers. Fry until lightly brown.
- Take bowl add coconut milk and add sugar and cardamom powder. (you can add more/less sugar depending on your taste)Add the hot paniyarams to the milk and let it soak for 45 minutes.
- Serve the yummy paal paniyaram.
Post a Comment