Vada curry/vada kari
Vada kari is a famous menu in Tamil nadu hotels where deep fried masala vada/paruppu vadai is broken into pieces and is cooked in a rich gravy.Here we have given the recipe that doesn't involve deep frying of vadas and tastes equally delicious.
for vadachana dal -3/4 cup
green chilli -2
salt -to taste
oil -2 tbsp
curry leaves -few
coriander - few
for gravyonion -1
ginger -2 inch
garlic -5-6 cloves
fennel seeds -1/2 tsp
cinnamon stick -1
coconut milk -3/4 cup thin
chilli powder -1/2 tsp
kashmiri chilli powder-1/2 tsp
coriander powder -1 tbsp
cumin -1/4 tsp
garam masala -1/4 tsp
oil -3 tbsp
curry leaves - few
- Soak channa dhal in water for atleast 3 hours
- Drain the water thoroughly and pat dry it.
- In a blender grind coarsely adding salt,hing and fennel seeds
- Now mix onion ,curry leaves,cilantro and green chillies.
- heat the dosa tawa make like a adai dosa
Remove and keep it aside.
- In a blender grind ginger garlic and fennel seeds to a fine paste.
You can also use our masala vadai recipe to make vadai and make into pieces.
- in a pan heat oil and temper with cinnamon,cloves ,curry leaves.
- Add onion fry until transparent.
- Add the ground paste and fry until the raw flavour goes off.
- Now put the finely chopped tomatoes.
- Add the spice powders and salt and cook until oil oozes out.
- Pour the coconut milk and 1 cup of water.
- Allow it to boil and add the crushed vadai.
- Cook for another 3 minutes and garnish with cilantro
- Serve with idli,dosa or rice
Post a Comment