Minestrone soup is national soup of Italy and is one of the healthy and filling soup by itself.
Butter /olive oil - 1tbsp
Garlic cloves -3
onion -1 finely chopped
carrot -1 diced
Potato -1 diced
Green beans -5 chopped
cooked Butter Beans/any beans -1/2 cup
Spinach -1/3 cup chopped
Tomato sauce -1/2 cup
Mixed herb seasoning -1 tsp
Salt -to taste
Pasta -1/3 cup
Parmigiano rigano - a big cube
Vegetable stock/water -21/2 cup
Parmesan cheese - optional
- To a pot add butter/oil
- As a first layer add garlic cloves, onion , carrot .You can add celery too. Sauté for few seconds.
- As a second layer add in seasonal vegetables. Here we have added diced potatoes and green beans. Sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Then add any cooked beans of your choice with spinach as a third layer . Here we have added butter beans and spinach.
- For the fourth layer add tomato sauce .To make homemade sauce click Tomato base sauce. Also add mixed herb seasoning and adequate salt. Stir for few seconds.
- Add 1/3 cup of pasta as fifth layer and mix well
- Pour in 21/2 cups of water/ vegetable stock and a piece of parmigiano as seventh layer. Adding parmigiano s entirely optional .
- Simmer and Cook it covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot topping it with parmesan cheese(optional)
FOR YOUTUBE LINK
Post a Comment