Palak/pasalai keerai is a spinach variety which is rich in iron and minerals. Palak kootu is a mild spiced side dish that goes very well with Hot Rice and Rasam or any tangy gravies.
palak/pasalai keerai -1 bunchshallots -4 chopped
chana dhal/bengal gram -1/3 cup
green chili -3
To temper:mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
shredded coconut -11/2 tbsp
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time : 20 min
- In a pressure cooker add chana dhal/bengal gram with water and pressure cook for a whistle.
- Wash the Palak/Pasalai keerai thoroughlt.After the pressure go off open the cooker and add the roughly chopped Palak and chopped shallots to it .
- Simmer and keep it for 10 minutes.Meanwhile in another pan heat oil and add ingredients listed under to temper.
- Now add the tempering to the cooked palak and mix well .Let it cook for another 1 minute.
- Palak kootu is ready to serve with Hot Rice
Post a Comment