Vegetable stew is kerala dish in which veggies of our choice is cooked in coconut milk with whole spice tempering.
Potato -1 (medium sized)
Carrot -1 (small sized)
Green chilies -3
Garlic -1 chopped finely
Ginger -1/4 inch chopped finely
Thin coconut milk -11/2 cup
Thick coconut milk -1/2 cup
Salt -to taste
Coconut oil -2 tsp
Cinnamon stick -1
Bay leaf -1
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time :20 min
- In a pan heat coconut oil and temper with cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, cardamom
- Add finely chopped ginger, garlic, sliced onions and slit green chilies and saute until it turns soft.
- Now put the chopped veggies into it and add adequate salt.
- Pour in thin coconut milk and cook covered until veggies turn soft and cooked.
- Now add the thick coconut milk to it and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with Aappam/Rice/Chapathi/dosa
Post a Comment