If you are looking for a simple curry yet versatile with idli/dosa/chapathi/paratha then Onion kurma is a very good option.
Ingredients:Sliced onion -3 cups
water -3 cup
fennel powder -1/8 tsp
turmeric -1/8 tsp
chili powder -3/4 tsp
cumin powder -1/2 tsp
salt -to taste
Coconut -1/3 cup chopped
Preparation time:10 min
Cooking time : 15 min
- In a pressure cooker heat oil and add fennel powder and turmeric.
- Then add the sliced onions and saute until translucent.
- Put in chili powder,cumin powder and salt.
- Mix well and add 3 cups of water.
- Pressure cook for a whistle.
- In a blender grind coconut and cashews into a smooth paste adding little water
- Once the pressure goes off open the lid and add the ground paste.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes .
- Onion kurma is ready to serve.
Post a Comment