Stuffed Meatless Meatballs
.I got a chance to participate in healthy solutions spice blends blogger contest. They gave us a chance to pick up a spice blend from variety of choices. I decided to go upon Healthy solutions Italian meat balls spice blend. I got the spice blend within a week through mail. As the name healthy solutions ,I planned to make healthy palate and went upon this delicious stuffed meatless meatballs coated with Italian meatballs spice blend flavored red wine sauce.
Ingredients:Extra firm tofu -9 oz
Whole wheat bread slices -2
dry roasted peanuts(unsalted) -1/2 cup
chili powder -1/2 tsp
Healthy solutions Italian meat balls spice blend-2 1/2tsp heaped
salt -to taste
oil -to brush
raisins -to stuff
For Sauce:Butter -1/2 tbsp
garlic cloves -3 minced
shallots -3 finely chopped
Tomato Ketchup -1 tbsp
Worcestershire sauce -2 tsp
Healthy solutions Italian meat balls spice blend -1/2 tsp
sugar -1 tsp
Red wine -1/2 cup
chili powder -1/4 tsp
Preparation Time:10 min
Cooking Time :30 min
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Pulse peanuts in a food processor for 3-5 seconds.
- Dip bread in water for a second and squeeze water between hands
- Add the extra firm tofu, bread slices along with the pulsed peanuts in a food processor and pulse until combined. Transfer it into a bowl.
- Now add adequate salt chili powder,healthy solutions Italian meat balls spice blend (11/2 tsp)and mix well.
- Make balls and stuff raisins in between.
- Arrange in a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Baked meatless meatballs are ready.
Preparing the sauce:
- In a pan melt butter and add the finely chopped garlic and saute until the raw flavor goes off.
- Then add the finely chopped shallots.
- Put in the tomato ketchup,worcestershire sauce,chili powder,Healthy solutions Italian meat balls spice blend(1/2 tsp).
- Then add the red wine sauce .Let it boil and reduce into 1/3.
- Add the baked meatless meat balls to it and coat it well with sauce .Cook for another minute. And switch off.
- Stuffed meatless meatballs is ready to serve.
Makes 12-14 balls
Post a Comment