Lemon Rasam is a authentic South Indian style of soup which is generally eaten along with hot cooked rice.It is so soothing to your tongue that it can be served warm as a soup too.
Toor dal /split yellow gram -1/4 cup cooked
water -3 cups
tomato -2 finely chopped
cilantro -few finely chopped
salt -to taste
oil -2 1/2 tsp
mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
red chili broken -2
garlic -2 clove
curry leaves -few
pepper corn -1 tsp
cumin seeds -1 tsp
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time : 10 min
- In a blender pulse the ingredients listed to grind for few seconds coarsely
- In a large bowl mix cooked toor dhal ,finely chopped tomatoes, cilantro along with 3 cups of water .
- In a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.Temper with the ingredients listed To Temper.
- follow it with coarsely ground masala
- Then pour the prepared dhal mixture to it.Let it cook until it comes to rolling boil.
- In another serving bowl add adequate salt and lemon juice squeezed out of one lemon.
- pour the cooked rasam into the serving bowl.
- Lemon Rasam is ready to serve.
Post a Comment