Potato Masala Roast/Urulaikizangu Roast
Who doesn't love potatoes?This potato roast is made in south indian style by deep frying the cooked potatoes and coated with a sauce .This sauce is made with shallots and sambar powder. Sambar powder is a important flavorful spice powder in South Indian kitchen.
cilantro -to garnish
oil -to deep fry
sambar powder -1 tsp
chili powder -1/2 tsp
fennel powder -2 pinch
Preparation time:5 min
Cooking time :40 min
- In a pot boil potatoes until tender.Peel the skin off and cut it into cubes.
- Heat oil for deep frying and cook until golden crisp
- Grind the ingredients listed to grind into a fine paste.(you can sprinkle little water if needed)
- In a pan heat oil and add the ground paste to it .Cook until oil oozes out.
- Add little water and let it boil.
- Put the fried potatoes to it and cook for another 3 minutes .Toss the potatoes so that the sauce coats it well.
- Now garnish with cilantro.
- Serve as starter/Side
Post a Comment