Mutton kadai/Goat kadai
Mutton kadai is a mouth watering curry in which mutton is cooked with spices in a kadai(deep thick circular pot) .This is one of the favorite restaurant menu for many and it can easily be made at home.
mutton -1/2 kgbell pepper -1/2 medium cubed
onion -11/2 finely chopped
tomato -3 finely chopped
green chili -2
coriander powder -2 tsp
kasoori methi -1/2 tsp
chili powder -1 tsp
pepper powder -1/2 tsp
garam masala -1/2 tsp
ginger garlic paste -1 tbsp +1/2 tsp
salt -to taste
turmeric -1/2 tsp
cilantro - 3 tbsp finely chopped
To dry roastcoriander seeds -1 tbsp
whole red chili -2
- In a pan dry roast coriander seeds and red chilies until nice aroma comes out of it.
- Allow it to cool off and blend it into fine powder
- In a kadai heat oil and add the ground powder and fry until a nice aroma comes out.
- add finely chopped onion
- After it turns brown add the ginger garlic paste and turmeric.
- After the raw flavor goes off add the chopped tomato.
- After the tomato becomes mushy add ,chili powder, coriander powder,garam masala and mix well.
- After the masala blends well add the mutton, salt ,cilantro , crushed kasoori methi and chopped green chilies.
- fry until the mutton turns light brown add water and cover it.
- Cook until the mutton is well cooked .(it took almost 1 hr for the mutton to get cooked.Time varies with the quality of mutton)
- Now put the cubed bellpeppers and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Cook until mutton is done and garnish with chopped cilantro
- Serve with cumin rice or any indian bread
Post a Comment