Ashgourd/Poosanikai paal kootu
Ashgourd is a nutritious vegetable and delight for diet lovers.This paal kootu is prepared by cooking ash gourd in coconut milk and with other added flavors .
Ashgourd/Poosanikai -21/2 cups cubedCooked Toor dal/ split pigeon peas-1/4 cup
onion -1 small sliced
garlic cloves -4 cloves halved
green chili -4-5sliced
coconut milk thin -1 cup
coconut milk thick -1/4 cup
turmeric -1/4 tsp
salt -to taste
To temper:oil -1 tbsp
mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
urad dhal/split black gram-1/2 tsp
curry leaves -few
Preparation time:15 min
Cooking time :20 min
- In a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.Temper with urad dhal,curry leaves.
- Add sliced onion,green chili,garlic clove and fry until transparent.
- Add the cubed ashgourd/poosanikai and salt.
- First cook ashgourd/poosanikai in thin coconut milk covered until tender.
- Now add the cooked toordhal and turmeric.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and add the thick coconut milk.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and switch off.
- Serve with Rice/Chapathi.
Post a Comment