Soya chunks BurgerSoya chunks burger is a healthy vegetarian meal that is filling and yummy. Soya chunks is best substitute of protein from meat source.
This burger is made totally with indian spice flavors.
Ingredients:potato -2 medium cooked
soya chunks -21/2 cup
tomato -1 finely chopped
onion -1 finely chopped
chopped ginger -2 tsp
green chilies -4
salt -to taste
coriander powder -11/2 tsp
cumin powder -1 tsp
garam masala -1/2 tsp
pepper powder -1 tsp
cilantro -3 tsp finely chopped
bread crumbs -1/2 cup
wheatflour -1/2 cup
To assemble:Golden potato hamburger -6 buns
green chutney -6 tsp
onion roundels -12
tomato -6 roundels
Preparation time:15 min
Cooking time : 60 min
- Boil water in a pot and remove off from the stove.Soak soya chunks in it for 10 minutes.
- Then drain off the water ,squeeze any extra water from the chunks and mince it in a blender(Alternately you can use soya granules to avoid this process.)
- Peel the skin off the cooked potatoes and mash it thoroughly .
- In a pan heat oil and chopped ginger,chopped garlic and chopped green chilies and fry until the raw flavor goes off.
- Now add the finely chopped onions and cook until transparent.
- Put in the finely chopped tomato and cook until mushy.
- Now put in salt,turmeric,coriander powder,cumin powder,garam masala,mix well and sprinkle some water so that the masala doesnt burn.
- Add the minced soya chunks it and saute thoroughly for the spices to blend.
- Switch off and add the mashed potato and cilantro.
- Mix all together and when warm enough to handle make 6 burger sized patties.
- In 2 bowls take wheat flour and bread crumbs separately.Mix water in wheat flour to make a thick batter consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan for shallow frying.Dip the patties one by one in wheat flour batter and coat it with bread crumbs.
- Shallow fry the patties on both side until golden.
- In a griddle slightly toast the burger buns.
- Apply green chutney(click for the green chutney recipe) over all the burger buns on flat sides.
- Place a roundel of onion.
- Arrange the soya chunks patty over it.
- Place another roundel of onion and tomato roundels.
- Top it with another burger bun
- Makes 6
may nang luong mat troi tam phang . goodReplyDelete