Drumstick leaves/murungai keerai poriyal
Drumstick leaves/murungai keerai is a unique green( like kale ) which is rich source of protein along with vitamins .Drumstick poriyal can be made and served as side with Rice or it can be had as a salad.
Drumstick leaves/murungai keerai -4 cups
moong dhal/split green gram -1/4 cup
whole red chili -3
shredded coconut -1 tbsp
salt -to taste
mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
oil -2 tsp
Preparation time:30 min
Cooking Time :12 min
- In a pan add a cup of water and moong dhal/split green gram.Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Then add the drumstick leaves/murungai keerai (removed from stems)with little salt.Cover and cook it.
- Simultaneously in another pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.Temper with cumin seeds,hing,red chilli.Finally add the shallots and fry until transparent.
- Pour the tempering into the drumstick leaves.Cook until the drumstick leaves are well done.Garnish with shredded coconut.
- Serve as a side with Rice or as a salad too.
Delicious and lovely looking. Wonderfully prepared.*ReplyDelete
Restaurant in North Campus
That is delicious and so healthy!!! thanks for sharing this authentic and tasty dish!!ReplyDelete