Pepper prawns is a spicy semi gravy dish that goes very well with Rice/Chapathi. The peppery flavor added to the prawns gives a nice touch of warmness during cold season.
shallots -150 g
ginger garlic paste -11/2 tsp
water -1/2 cup
coriander powder -2 tsp
cumin powder -1 tsp
chili powder -1/2 tsp
pepper powder -3 tsp
fennel seeds/sombu -1/4 tsp
salt -to taste
turmeric -1/4 tsp
curry leaves -few chopped
sesame oil -1 tbsp
preparation time:20 min
Cooking time :20 min
- Clean the prawns and devein them .
- In a pan heat oil and temper with fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the finely chopped shallots and cook until golden.
- Once it turns golden fry ginger garlic paste and turmeric until the raw flavor goes off.
- Put all spice powders ...coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, chili powder. Mix well
- Pour 1/2 cup of water and cook until it becomes mushy.
- Now put the prawns and pepper and stir thoroughly
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until prawns are well done .grnish with few chopped curry leaves.
- Serve hot with Rice/chapathi
Post a Comment