Thenga manga pattani sundalThenga manga pattani sundal is a famous beach side& tourist spot snack in India and its taste just doubles up while sitting and eating at outdoor. Thenga(coconut)manga(raw mango)pattani(dried peas) sundal(Snack) is what the name is all about.
Ingredients :Dried white peas -1 cup
Raw mango -1/2 cup finely chopped
Chopped coconut -2 tbsp
Grated coconut -2 tbsp
Grated carrot -2 tbsp
Chopped onion -3 tbsp
Salt -to taste
Chili powder -1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds -1/ 4 tsp
Urad dhal/split black gram-1/2 tsp
Oil -2 tsp
Cilantro - to garnish
preparation time:6 hr20 min
Cooking time :30 min
- Soak dried peas in water for at least 6 hours.
- In pot cover and cook dried peas with water until soft and well done.
- In a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter and add urad dhal too.
- Fry the chopped onions for few seconds.
- Then add the chopped coconut and chopped raw mango.
- After 2 minutes add adequate salt and chili powder.
- Mix well and put the cooked dried peas .
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the grated coconut, grated carrot and cilantro and cook for few more seconds.
- Great snack is ready to serve.
Post a Comment