Egg thokku /Muttai thokku
Egg thokku is a curry in which hard boiled eggs are cooked in a tangy tomato based sauce and it goes well with Rice/Dosa.
onion -1/2 slicedtomato -5
mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
ginger garlic paste -1/2 tsp
turmeric -1/4 tsp
salt -to taste
chili powder -1/2 tsp
sambar powder -1 tsp
Preparation time :5 min
Cooking time :30 min
- In a pot boil eggs for 10-12 minutes until well cooked.
- In a pan heat oil and temper with mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Fry the sliced onions until transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and turmeric and cook until raw smell goes off.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes .
- After 3 minutes add salt, chili powder and sambar powder.Mix well and cover it.
- Take the shell off and cut the egg into halves.
- When the tomato becomes thoroughly mushy add the halved eggs.
- Cover and cook until oil oozes out
- Serve with Rice/Dosa
Post a Comment